Sunday 22 July 2012

Amelia's Miso Soup!

Hi Folks.
I would like to get in the habit of sharing recipes via the blog so I thought I would start off with my favourite miso soup recipe that Amelia shared with me.
Thank you Amelia!

Pop a splash each of sesame oil and olive oil in a saucepan and then add celery and spring onion. Cook for a bit.
Then chop up some tofu and fry it off with some tamari.
Then add some other chopped up veggies (I like carrot, mushroom, zucchini). Pop a lid on and sweat these for about 5 minutes.
Add boiling water and finely chopped ginger and garlic.
Boil for 5-10 minutes.
Scoop out some juice and mix it with a big spoonful of miso paste (my favourite is shiro paste).
Pop back in the pan, be careful not to boil from here on in and add tamari and lemon juice to taste!!!

Enjoy.
Cheers Mel.

2 comments:

  1. Yummy!
    Do you really add the tofu so early?
    Mez

    ReplyDelete
  2. can this blog run to a specific recipe section?
    Mez

    ReplyDelete