Monday 29 October 2012

Creative Care for Carers

Dear Carers

I would like to invite you to two free sessions at Thornbury Women's Neighbourhood House in November. I am offering companioning creative care to explore and experience self - care and 'giving from the over flow' a Sufi saying, rather than giving from a well.

The arts have long been acknowledged as contributing to people's well-being and are open and accessible to everyone. Maybe you care for a loved one and would like to explore some ways of being creative - to also care for yourself. I draw on my 10 years as Registered Nurse and 5 years of parenting and creatively working with a wide range of people including children and adults, who require full time care by loved ones, so I feel I may know a little about your challenges in being a Carer and also your joys.

I offer a gentle, safe, nurturing and nourishing space for you to gather with others who may share some of your experiences.

This is a free event offered by Thornbury Women's Neighbourhood House for the recent October Carer's Week.

With warmth and respect...

Marita Jacobsson
Creative Arts Companion/Community Artist


2 comments:

  1. Marita, can you tell me does each session stand alone, or is the idea to attend both? thanks
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your inquiry Rachel

    and good idea to clarify this

    The sessions are stand alone, yet may flow from the first into the second, depending on bookings/attendance.

    So you are welcome at one or at both.

    Warm regards...
    Marita

    ReplyDelete