Monday 1 October 2012

More avocados

Hi Folks.
I got some of the last batch and they were the best avocados I have ever eaten! 
Andy even agrees that they were the best avocados I have ever eaten.

Yay - more avocados! Thanks to those who've been munching on avocados so far, there's more where they came from (Andrew Jones in Irymple). There have been some happy avocado eaters around the place e.g. "oh and did I mention how incredible the avos are. The first one I ate, I just couldn't believe how incredible!"

Also available are oranges, which come either from Andrew or from Jan Denham (also in Mildura) and yummy yummy olive oil (available at bulk wholesale prices or in bottles) from Manna Hill Estate

So get your orders in by Tuesday night (2nd Oct) for collection / delivery from Thursday (4th Oct) as described below. and yes they do run out . . 
buyfood.herokuapp.com
NB. Packing and transport costs are added on during checkout 

The Bacon avocados are just about finished, so now there's a mix of Fuerte, Arj, Zut and Bacon . . what are all these? I'm not quite sure, but based on the picture below I can assure you that whatever you get, they are SPECIAL and not what you'd be getting in the supermarket! 

How do I get my order . . 
Addresses shown as you check out. Orders will be available for collection at:

Ballantyne (Thornbury) - from 6pm, Thursday 4th October

Plummery (Northcote) - from 6pm, Thursday 4th October

Hsuhan's (Northcote) - from 10am, Saturday 6th October

Local Organics (East Brunswick) - from 5pm, Thursday 4th October

Westwyck (West Brunswick) - from 6pm, Thursday 4th October

Pepper Tree Place (Coburg) - Saturday 6th October - 10am - 12pm (coincides with produce swap)

Murundaka (Heidelberg Heights) - 5 - 7pm, Thursday 4th October

Jess & Katie (South Yarra) - from 4pm, Friday 5th October (or by arrangement)

NB. Delivery is available for cafes and restaurants only - mostly northern suburbs, if you're not sure give me a call - 0425 794 848 . . 

Thoughts and FeedbackAny questions, problems, thoughts and feedback contact me (Kirsten) on email above or 0425 794 848. Website revamp not quite there but expect beautiful things next time!! (we are taking your feedback on board)

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR ENTHUSIASM AND PATIENCE! Here's to a world where we all get great food and farmers are well rewarded for the work they do :)

Species diversity in avocados? 
Apparently there are over 70 varieties grown in Australia . . but . .

Variety by proportion of production chart

http://www.avocado.org.au/foodservice/australianGrown/common_australian_grown_varieties.aspx

2 comments:

  1. I've ordered my avos and oranges, can't wait! Mel don't spose you know what the hours are at for Local Organics for pickup? Can't find a number for them...
    Cheers,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy.
      I am sorry I don't have a number or any more info.
      I got mine from PepperTree Place and they were so wonderful to deal with.....
      Cheers Mel.

      Delete