Wednesday 20 February 2013

Popup School

Untitled-2

Dear all,

I'm working on a startup thingie called Popup School that hires people to run workshops of various kinds in various venues. The workshops are for adults. We're starting very slowly. One workshop in April, one in May, etc. Just to see if it works.

The website has gone live today with the first half-day workshop on it - Speak Up! voice techniques for reluctant public speakers. The teacher is a fabulous woman called Nicole Muir. She trained in Playback Theatre, has done a heap of public speaking and compering, and is currently Managing Director of the Australian Girls Choir.

Speak Up! is a workshop I've been looking for ever since I started having to get up on stage and talk about my writing -- most of the courses I'll be programming will be ones I've actually wanted to do myself but couldn't find, or couldn't get to.

As well as the website, there's facebook (with L plates) and twitter. So if you'd be so kind as to friend, follow or pass the message around in whatever way, I'd be grateful.

Thanks!

Paddy

1 comment: