Wednesday 19 February 2014

Beer for a Cause

Untitled-2

Hi Newlanders,
I have some wonderful friends (Scott and Fiona) who own and run the Bright Brewery up in Bright http://www.brightbrewery.com.au/ .  They make great Beer from good quality ingredients – local where possible. 
Unfortunately Fiona is also very sick with cancer as needs to come to Melbourne regularly for treatment.  She manages to come down by plane through a wonderful service called angel flights often. http://www.angelflight.org.au/index.cfm   Angel flights is so great because being unwell Fiona wants to be home and with her family when ever possible.  The drive is long and tiring and not something Fiona is up for on her own. 
My proposal is that we put in an order for some great beer – pay the retail price but put the difference between retail and wholesale (Scott tells me about 15%) as a donation to angel flights.
I am not sure when Scott is next in Melbourne – if it is within the next month then I will hold off so we can also get free delivery.
So if you are keen, please have a look at the website www.brightbrewery.com.au have a look at the beers and then go to the order page to find the price.
Once you have decided what case you would like to order please email me (rachael.millsom@gmail.com) with your name, type of beer and number of cases you would like to order.
I have also just heard that the last bottling run of Blowhard Pale Ale is slightly under-carbonated (tastes just as good but is difficult to pour with a head) so they’re selling the whole lot as seconds and we can have it for ½ the retail price– so If you would like some please indicate clearly you would like the seconds and then indicate what you are prepared to pay (if you pay full retail still that means a bigger donation to Angel flights! – and that my friends is the aim of this exercise!) 
I will then collate the order and send everyone an email with my bank details to put the money in and then I’ll make the order and the donation and let you all know how much we raised 
Please feel free to forward to friends and family who may be interested who could pick up from the Newlands area.
I look forward to hearing from the Beer drinkers of you soon! J
Rachael
0431 290 174

No comments:

Post a Comment