Friday 28 March 2014

Suspicious Behaviour

Untitled-2

Hi everyone, just thought I'd mention seeing someone acting suspiciously in Elizabeth St Coburg near the corner of Meadow St on the 28th March about 9am. He was pretending to drop something in people's gateways and looking in their letterbox while seeming to pick it up. He drove down the street did a U turn and came back to park in the same place and did it all again. There was someone at the bus stop who seemed to know him, who did not catch the bus when it came.

I reported this to the police with the car reg no.

1 comment:

  1. I have recently bought a house in North Coburg, just off Elizabeth Street. While I was waiting for the right house to come up for sale, I closely followed the Newlands Community News and have been greatly reassured by its snippets of news and helpful information (like this one about someone acting suspiciously) that the community I am moving into is a lively, sociable and helpful community, and that the people in it look out for each other. I very much look forward to being part of the community and contributing to it in any way I can.
    There was an attempted break-in in my house in Brunswick several years ago and the policeman who came to investigate was full of good advice. He said to keep a 'window' open to the street: that is, make sure that the front of the house is always visible from the street, that there are no shrubs above eye-level or blinds that obscure the front door or windows from the view of passers-by; that all windows have a secure lock or locking device (even a piece of dowel in the case of sliding windows), and that side gates are lockable and are locked. He also approved the particularly thorny roses that grow over the side and back fences. I am sure he would approve, too, of the Newlands Community News and helpful alerts like this one about suspicious behaviour.

    ReplyDelete