Wednesday 19 November 2014

Organics

Untitled-2

I finally went to Merri Organics on Newlands Rd and got 5 avocados for $5!!!
 If, like I did, you’re not too sure of where it is, when it’s opened and so on, here’s more info.
From my place on Elizabeth St. I went along the creek to the confluence then across the soon-to-be-wetland-golf practice area to the top northern houses backing that area. From there, you’ll see a concrete alleyway rising to Newlands Road.  Go climb it! Turn right past the servos, and it is one of the shops there.
Opening days are Tuesdays to Saturdays as follows: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday till 5, Wednesday till 3, Saturday till 12 or 1. I can’t remember if it opens at 9 or 10 am so maybe someone else go and post full and precise opening times on the blog!
 You can safely take your kids for a stroll or bike ride there: there is a kid’s corner with books and stuff and no crappy stuff they can pester you to buy. There are also some conventional veggies if that’s what you want. For the organic stuff, labels tell you where they where grown.
 Next time I’ll go I’ll drop off some fresh marjoram from my garden (it badly needs a cut back!) for the free food swap corner. It is opened till Xmas; beyond if the community makes it worthwhile.
I enjoyed walking through parklands and back to get my veggies, sure beats traffic, so maybe see you there!
Pascale.

No comments:

Post a Comment