Wednesday 22 February 2017

For Sale and Free

Untitled-2

Pastry-maker’s Table
This is what I have always called ‘a pastry-maker’s table’. I have had it for about thirty years and it has been an integral part of three kitchens I have had. It does not suit my new kitchen and I want to sell it.
It is obviously Victorian in feel. I know nothing of its history, if indeed it has one, and have always assumed that it was assembled out of old pieces of Victorian furniture. (I found it in an antique shop in Bendigo in the 1980s). The legs are either Kauri or Huon Pine (I think). It has a solid marble top (detachable) and a vast draw that is almost as deep and wide as the surface area above.
It is in fairly good condition despite its years as I have always taken care of it. The marble is free from cracks but has rather battered edges and a few stains, all of which a marble mason could easily deal with if you want it to look spic and span. The timber has been treated with an estapol-like finish; it could do with a new surface if you want it to look better.
It is a very useful piece of kitchen furniture because of the large marble surface and big drawer. In the past, I have used it as an ‘island’ bench with a ‘butcher’s rail’ over head on which to hang pots and pans etc.
The table’s vital statistics are 83 deep,105.5 wide and 86 high.
If you are interested in it, let me know and we can talk about a price. We will also have to think about transport as both the base and marble top are very heavy.





Security Door
This hinged wire security-door was made to order for me but I changed my mind and no longer want it, so it has never been installed and is in as-new condition.
It was made to fit the front door of a Newlands brick duplex and replace the original. (The original is pictured below and is free to anyone who wants it.) It is 810 wide and 2040 high. It has a lock on the right-hand side (I have the key) and a closing device and a weather strip. The surface is powder-coated, the colour a warm brick red.
If you are interested in it, let me know and we can talk about a price.





Outdoor Table
This aluminium outdoor table is free to anyone who wants it and can take it away. Its surface is slightly worse for wear and the weather but overall it is a strong and sturdy piece of furniture.



Second-hand Security Door
This metal screened security-door is free to anyone who wants it. It was originally on the front door of a Newlands brick duplex. It is 810 wide and 2040 high. I still have the key, and the door- bell works despite its age and makes a nice sound. It is very heavy, which is probably an indicator of its quality. All it needs is a little TLC and perhaps a fresh coat of paint.




Gillean
0402 123 881

No comments:

Post a Comment