Thursday, 13 July 2017

Speeding Fine Advice


Hi Newlanders.

I just followed this advice and it worked!!

Many of us have received the odd speeding fine. If you meet the below criterion you are automatically eligible for a caution:
  • Hold a current driver's licence, including probationary, or current learner driver's permit.
  • Have not been issued with a speeding, other traffic fine or official warning within the previous two years.
  • Were caught doing less than 10 kilometres per hour over the speed limit.
  • Do not deny that you committed the offence.
All it takes is a brief letter addressed to the below:
Officer in Charge
Traffic Camera Office
GPO Box 1916
Melbourne 3001
It takes all of 5 minutes and if you meet the criterion you are pretty much guaranteed to have the fine withdrawn. This has worked for me and at least half a dozen of my friends and family.
Draft letter (for those who are too lazy to think of what to write themselves):
Dear Officer in Charge,
I am writing in relation to traffic offence xxx committed at [time] on [date].
I accept that at no time is speeding safe. In this case due to [insert brief comment on circumstances, don't give excuses] I drifted over the speed limit for a short period of time. I have now modified my driving behaviour and pay more attention to my speed in such circumstances.
Given my good driving record I would like to request a caution for this infringement.
[Your name]

No comments:

Post a Comment