Friday 29 December 2017

Weed Killing

Untitled-2

Hello everyone.

I was enjoying walking a pooch alongMerrii creek trail in Fitzroy North (just before Kirkdale Reserve around 9am Friday 29th) when I came upon two men dressed in high vis protective clothing. I asked them if they were spraying and they said yes. I asked them if it was glyphosate and they said yes. I very quickly left the area. I wouldn't want my pooch to become ill and if I had children I wouldn't want them anywhere near the sprayed area, where the spray mist can travel or they could play unknowingly where it was sprayed.

I am quite shocked that this poison and controversial carcinogen is being used in a habitat that is sensitive and, I believe, has been rehabilitated painstakingly over years.

Don't they know how toxic this substance is, to humans, animals, insects and yes, even plants?

Has the UN not banned it yet? Many states in the US and parts of the UK/EU have now banned glyphosate use?

Does the council know there are ecological solutions to killing weeds? 

What do people think?

KT.

No comments:

Post a Comment