Wednesday 14 February 2018

Wanted

Untitled-2

Hi Newlands.

I'm a writer and I'm currently researching a story on young women around 18 years old. I write creative non-fiction and I conduct immersive research - it looks like hanging out rather than formal interviews. 

My interest in this topic is looking at how social media generally, and its messaging specifically, has impacted this generation of women - the way they relate to themselves and other women, the way they feel about relationships, body image, sexuality, work, leisure; the way they use language; their goals for themselves and how they use their time. I think the sensitive portrayal of these issues would be really valuable in terms of what is working and what isn't in our norms around media and technology, parenting and education more broadly. And I am always guided by the subject's boundaries in terms of privacy and anonymity. It will start off as an essay in The Monthly, and I might collect my pieces on this into a book.

I am looking for women around 18 years old to chat to about the impacts of social media. If you are interested or know of someone who might be interested please send me an email sarahkras@gmail.com

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment