Monday 23 December 2013

Dirt Bikes on the Creek

Untitled-2

I have recently spoken to the local police about the young men riding Dirt Bikes along the Merri Creek north of Bell St. 

They told me to call 000 every time we see the dirt bike riders as there is often a patrol car nearby. The police may not be able to catch the guys but it will at least deter the riders from coming back as often. If you have any information about where these riders live or come from then let the police know. 

For me it is important that these parklands are accessible and safe for all of us to use with our kids and dogs and don't just turn into a local motorbike track. There are appropriate places to ride motorbikes and this is not one of them. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks. Once a bike raced up behind me and my dog barked at it and the rider started shouting about how he was going to kill my #$%ing dog. I've called the Fawkner police twice over the last couple of years and they've said they'd send a car but I waited about 20 minutes each time and no one arrived. Will call 000 next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOO is supposed to be be for emergencies Not for dickheads on bikes!!

    ReplyDelete