Thursday 2 October 2014

For Sale

Untitled-2


Rhubarb plants for sale!!
Hi all, due to his age I had to help my father recently pull 20 fifteen year old very large rhubarb plants out. This is a heritage variety ruby red rhubarb that produces all year round even over winter in climates much harsher than ours up around Ballarat. I have had this growing in Coburg for 6 years now and it still produces all year round and makes beautiful baked and stewed deserts along with my rhubarb champagne.
Rather than see them composted I moved them down to Melbourne and most went to a friend who runs a small scale organics farm and is wanting to sell rhubarb through winter. I do however have a lot of small crowns that have been saved and I have potted these up and they are now ready to go in the ground.
This is the perfect weather to plant them.
Cost is $5 each potted or 3 for $10.
Contact Anthony on 0418 390 081.

No comments:

Post a Comment