Sunday 16 April 2023

Friends of Edgars Creek

Untitled-2


Hi FoEC'ers and Friends,
I'd like to provide an update to all on FoEC's activities as we approach the 2023 planting season.
First, we are planting! Our first event will be on Sunday, April 30th! This will be in the Norfolk Court area so please come join us if you are free on Sunday April 30th, 1-3PM or earlier if that suits you.
I'll email with more details about this closer to the date...
Regarding FoEC's 2023 agenda, I wanted to make note (again perhaps as some people may be aware) of some changes that "happened upon us" last year that have impacted how we are operating.
For many years FoEC had consisted of a strong group of volunteers and a core of 3 main protagonists - Me, Rob Burnett (aka Robstock), and Stephen Northey.
The 3 is now 1 and I am the only survivor of this 3. 
Rob and Stephen have made their decisions to step away from FoEC.
Thankfully there is a group of supporters that want FoEC to survive. I have committed to FoEC and thankfully our core members have as well. We all want to see our work continue though it will be scaled back somewhat due to the loss of Rob and Stephen. Scaling back is also necessary as I am a dad to three boys and also work full time - I just can't give as much as I once did; the tank is pretty empty after the rest of my life drains me! Not to mention age is catching up with me and I can't work like I did when FoEC first started - curse age hey. Though bring it on too - sure beats the alternative!
I am working through our 2023 calendar of events and have a commitment from Merri-Bek Council and Darebin Council for supported events in 2023. These will hopefully be in May and Merri-Bek has agreed to support us for a National Tree Day event (early June). I am working on sorting the remainder of 2023's events and will get a calendar out soon. Please be patient as this will take me some time to work through (and I am time-poor!). 
I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible on the creek throughout 2023 and if anyone can offer additional time and energy to support FoEC into the future please reach out - our legacy of work since 2006 is far too great to let it fizzle to end.
Regards,
David.

No comments:

Post a Comment